AEM 02-06 RSX Type-S Cold Air Intake: Blue
A Cold Air intake system relocates the filter outside of the engine compartment to deliver the coolest air inlet temperatures possible. Cooler air carries more oxygen, which translates into a more intense explosion in the combustion chamber to create more horesepower and torque. But that's only part of the power equation. Tuning the inlet pipe in length and diameter to match the engine's resonance helps move more air to the cylinders (think of your engine as a big air pump), and no company on the market can tune an inlet as well as we can. We also monitor fuel trim correction factors and all OBDII sensors during R&D to eliminate leaning the engine out and/or throwing a check engine light.
Our Cold Air systems are dyno-proven and tested against the competition to create more useable power than any other system of their kind. Every AEM Cold Air induction system features the highest standards of construction and we are so confident in their fit and performance that we guarantee them for the life of your vehicle. All AEM Cold Air systems are either 50-state legal or pending (excluding "Off Road" and "Hybrid" systems), include a lifetime DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter and come with a limited lifetime warranty.Features:
- Includes new washer bottle
- Outperforms every other Cold Air system on the market
- Manufactured and assembled in the USA
- 50-state legal or pending legality
- Inlet constructed of lightweight aircraft aluminum and mandrel bent for maximum flow
- Reinforced TIG-welded brackets and fittings deliver added durability
- Utilizes a complete hardware kit with soft mounts for a guaranteed perfect fit
- AEM's lifetime DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter is 99.4% efficient, filters to one micron, and never needs filter oil!
- Comprehensive installation instructions, decals and license plate frame included
- Available powdercoated in red, blue or silver, or with a mirror-polished finish
- Guaranteed for life
|Prop 65 Warning:||Yes|
|Honda 2.0L 4 Cylinder (K20A2)|
|Honda 2.0L 4 Cylinder (K20Z1)|
4.5 out of 5.0
4.0 out of 5.0
By Tim Campbell on 9/7/2013
ive used both the injen CAI and now the AEM CAI and i gotta say the injen seemed to be thought out much better... the AEM is such a pain in the a** to install compared to the injen, and i dont like the mounting arm location on the intake. the washer bottle wasnt designed very well either, the washer motors sit in a very unnatural position that are conerning to anyone who sprays their windshield often.. HOWEVER... once its installed, this is a beastly upgrade.. it definitely won back a few stars on the review once everything was running. The difference in sound is incredible and definitely some noticable gains in the top end.... 4 stars cause I would only reccomend this intake to someone has installed a CAI before!
5.0 out of 5.0
AEM CAI for an RSX Type-S
By Neil O'Connell on 8/12/2010
Sure...it's just a tube, an AEM tube, though, which is better right? HAHA! Nah, can't review the differences on that aspect, yet, but this place is killer on delivery: quick and painless! Parts are perfect. Can't wait to get it on! This site's awesome!