Acuity Instruments 12-15 Civic Shift Kit Package
Part Number: 1880/1881/1887
Inside Continental United States
Please contact us for availability
Earn 978 reward points. Learn More
Will It Fit Your Vehicle?
Fitment NotesManual Transmissions Only
Easily the most capable shifter available for the 9th Gen Civic, the beauty of the ACUITY 9th Gen shifter is due in part to the careful attention to detail that went into its design. The shifter's frame is built from anodized, cold formed, heat-treated aluminum for improved rigidity and light weight. Stiff, 304 stainless steel cable mounting points reduce lost motion due to frame compliance. A large-diameter, aluminum pivot ball in a pre-loaded ptfe spherical race provides smooth shifting motion with minimal friction. Centering is quick and decisive compliments of a thick, overwound centering spring. Adjustments are provided at both cable attachment points to allow for careful adjustment of gear throw and gate spacing to let you tune your ideal H-pattern. And to top it all off, the knob is both height and position adjustable. Each shifter comes supplied with a collar boot and will fit under your console and into your shift boot just like your OEM shifter. A set of anodized aluminum base bushings and Class 10.9 moutning screws are supplied for shifter mounting.
- 10%-50% Adjustable reduction in gear throw compared to stock
- 5%-35% Adjustable reduction in gate throw compared to stock
- Knob height adjustable +25mm/-15mm compared to stock
- Heat-treated aluminum frame for lightweight compliance reduction
- Honed bushings and compression bushings reduce backlash
- Stiffer, over-wound spring improves centering action
- Includes aluminum base bushings
Years of experience have taught the engineers at ACUITY that there are many elements to a refined, responsive shift. Compliance from flimsy components in the shift linkage leave the driver feeling detached from the transmission. ACUITY combats this by replacing the OEM rubber bushings with much stiffer Acetal and 6061-T6 Aluminum. A large-diameter, custom spherical bearing minimizes long-term wear and tear while eliminating the binding that is caused by most aftermarket solid shifter cable bushings. Loose fitting components also contribute to a poor shifting feel. That's why ACUITY uses integral o-rings on the outside of each bushing to provide a perfect fit with your OEM cables. Tested to over 10 Million high-load shifts, these bushings are proven to last. Each bushing kit is laser etched with a unique serial number and includes stainless steel hardware to help prevent long-term corrosion, keeping your bushings looking great even longer. And if all of that isn't impressive enough, the bushings are over 20% lighter than their OEM counterparts, weighing in at only 48 grams (with hardware).
- Acetal construction for low friction and improved shift engagement
- Spherical bearing reduces wear on cables and provides smoother gear engagement
- Large-diameter 6061 spherical bearing design minimizes long-term wear
- O-rings are installed on both bushings for a gap-free fit with your shifter cables, further reducing shifting slop
- Spiral retaining rings install very easily by hand with no special tools
- Stainless steel hardware for maximum resistance to corrosion
- All bushings are laser etched with a unique serial number
- 1-Year warranty against manufacturer defect
Honda officially calls these the "First-2nd Select Spring" and "Fifth-Sixth Select Spring." They are the parts in your transmission that are (partially) responsible for your shifter centering itself when in neutral. By increasing the rate and preload of these springs, it's possible to realize a more decisive centering action for a sportier shift. ACUITY's K-Series Transmission Performance Spring Upgrade uses thicker wire and additional preload to provide a very satisfying, quick centering motion. This mod is particularly attractive because it provides such a noticeable change at a rather low price.
|Vehicle Notes:||Manual Transmissions Only|