Hondata KPro4 (Version 4) is a fully programmable ECU for 02-04 Acura RSX (DC5), 02-05 Honda Civic Si (EP3), and any K Swapped vehicle. K-Pro is a must have to get maximum performance out of your k-series engine.
The K-Series Programmable ECU (K-Pro) consists of a hardware modification to any K-Series ECU, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.
If you would like to upgrade from a previous k-pro version to version four, it is done directly through Hondata using this form: http://hondata.com/downloads/kpro4_upgrade_form.pdf.
You are responsible for paying for and sending your ECU to Hondata. You can send your ECU as fast as you would like and shipping costs normally start at $10.00 for ground and $60.00+ for next day air. We recommend using an express service (2 day or next day) through FedEx or UPS because they have the least amount of delivery problems, provide proper insurance, and have good package tracking. We recommend that you do not use USPS because of delivery issues. You are not sending your ECU to K Series Parts you will be sending it to Hondata directly and we provide all of the instructions on where it needs to be sent once your order is approved.
After we approve your order we will send you two emails, one email will be a Hondata form and the other email will be instructions for shipping and what items need to be included. Orders submitted by 3:00pm Mountain Standard Time Monday to Friday are normally approved same day. Orders places after 3:00pm MST or on Saturday and Sunday are processed the next business day.
Hondata normally reflashes ECU's the same day they receive them but they do get busy and it might take an extra business day. We recommend that you plan on a 3 day total turnaround time from the day that Hondata receives your ECU.
Hondata uses K Series Parts FedEx account to next day air the ECU back to you once the reflash has been installed. This means that you do not have to pay for return shipping. Your ECU will arrive by 3:00pm the day after Hondata completes the reflash installation. Hondata does not provide us with a tracking number or notification when they ship the ECU back to you.
ECU Serial Number
The serial number is located on the ECU. Hondata has provided instructions on how to remove the ECU.
K Series Parts cannot sell K-Pro to customers outside of the United States unless you purchase a brand new ECU or send your ECU to K Series Parts directly. Please contact us first if are not located in the United States.
Version 4 Enhancements
Faster and More Powerful: The KPro4 uses a faster processor with more capability than the KPro-III. This allows the KPro4 to perform more tasks without slowing down the ECU, like live tuning, output to a dash, flex fuel and advanced protection. Calibration uploads and datalogging from a laptop are also faster.
Enhanced On Board Datalogging: The KPro4 has double the datalogging memory (64 MBit) of the KPro-III and can datalog at double the rate (100 Hz), giving an on board recording time of 10 - 220 minutes.
Faster Uploads: The upload time is 30% faster than the KPro-III, with a typical initial upload time of 7 seconds. Subsequent uploads are also faster, and live tuning can be used for instantaneous updates. Laptop datalogging is also 30% faster than the KPro-III.
Live Tuning and Autotune: Main tables can be updated in real time, without affecting the operation of the engine. This allows dyno tuning without pausing to upload. Autotune uses live tuning and a laptop to tune fuel tables as you drive.
Bluetooth: The KPro4 includes Bluetooth for laptop programming/datalogging with a USB cable, and mobile datalogging.
Ethenol Sensor Input: An ethanol sensor can be directly connected to the KPro4, allowing flex fuel operation, with adjustments to fuel & ignition tables performed automatically based on fuel ethanol content.
Speed Sensor Input: A speed sensor input can be directly connected to the KPro4 and sent to the ECU. This is configurable to any pulse based sensor and eliminates the need for a stock speed sensor.
Dash & Datalogging Outputs: The KPro4 has serial output (both TTL & RS232) and CAN output so that a dash can be driven from the KPro. The AiM MXL, Racepak & generic CAN outputs are supported.
Advanced Protection: Advanced protection options use the KPro4 analog inputs and engine information to intelligently shut down the engine when the conditions might be dangerous to the engine.
Better Wideband Support: The KPro4 can process a wideband lambda input (either analog or digital) and allow the ECU to run in closed loop from an aftermarket wideband without requiring the stock o2 sensor.
It has come to Hondata's attention that counterfeit KPros, green circuit board Versions 1 and 2, are being sold as new and used. Protect yourself from purchasing a counterfeit K-Pro by checking out this page.
Do not purchase new Hondata items from online auction sites such as E-Bay. There is a high risk of being scammed or being sold a counterfeit. Hondata dealers do not sell through on-line auction sites. Do not purchase from Sehablaauction / PrecisionProposition.
- 2002-2004 RSX (Type S) (PRB ECU)
- 2002-2004 RSX (Base 5 speed) (PND ECU)
- 2001-2006 Japanese DC5 Integra Type R (PRC ECU)
- 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
- 2003-2004 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD ECU)
- Engine Swaps - Must use 02-04 Engine harness and 02-04 Transmission
- Lotus Elise and Exige - Dash Converter Required
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows based software for parameter and table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
- Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory (2 MB memory, 10-110 minutes datalogging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from over boost and lean protection.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2
- PWM output for boost control
- Base maps are included only for K20A2, K20A3 (RSX Base), K20A3 (Civic SI) and K20A engines.
- The 2002- CRV ECU (5 speed) (PPA -A0# ECU) can be used.
- Support for the manual K20A3 engine and the secondary intake runner as used in the base model RSX and CRV.
- The Japanese PRD and PRC ECU do not support a fuel tank pressure sensor required for some US emissions tests, but will likely pass a tailpipe sniffer test if the catalytic converter is in place.
- PNF, PPA and PND ECUs for 5 speed transmissions will not operate the reverse lock solenoid on 6 speed transmissions.
- The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.
- To use the K-Pro on a 2005-2006 RSX, an adapter harness is required, an 02-04 specially modified ECU must be modified for used and the primary oxygen sensor from an 03-04 must be used.
- Turn around time is usually 2 days from the time it is received.
- From previous ECU's Honda has changed from 2 dimensional tables (engine speed and engine load) to 3 dimensional tables (engine speed, engine load and cam angle). The K-Pro ECU retains these 3 dimensional tables to ensure the engine is running at optimum efficiency and power for every cam angle.
- The stock JDM and US O2 sensor is wide band and can read from 11.5:1 to 30:1 A/F ratios.
- Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles.
- Error codes and the OBDII readiness status may be datalogged.
- Base tables are supplied for the RSX Type S, RSX Base, Civic SI and Integra Type R engines. These tables have been dyno tuned.
- No external programmer or other equipment is necessary. Just plug the ECU into a laptop via a USB cable.
- Tables may be map-traced in real time.
- The K-Pro ECU is not real-time updateable, however most changes to tables and settings can be uploaded in 1-2 seconds.
- The K-Pro ECU is a separate product from the s100/s200 line, and will not share the same options (e.g. 3 step) nor software (HondaLogger, RomEditor). All systems are fully programmable by the user. All K-Pro ECU systems include all features (e.g. boost, datalogging).
KManager Software Features
- Download KManager Software
- KManager Details
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables for correct VTEC tuning
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- Closed loop
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
- On board datalogging trigger conditions
Honda may not cover mechanical damage to the engine under warranty resulting from exceeding the factory red line. Hondata and Club RSX will not cover any damage as a result of installing this product.
5.0 out of 5.0
5.0 out of 5.0
By Gabriel Kraft on 4/28/2017
Got this K-Pro for my K24 swapped EP3 and it's definitely worth it. Way more user friendly than I expected for how extensive the options are.
5.0 out of 5.0
Worth every Penny
By Will B. on 4/21/2017
I wasn't 100% sure what I was getting into, but it's fantastic! My only complaint is that I'm going to have to justify making more purchases to my wife! The software is easy to use, and the results are instantaneous! I also recommend downloading the phone app as you can see all the useful information and even clear DTCs right on your phone! Awesome all around and only wish I had bought it sooner.
5.0 out of 5.0
A must have!
By Luis Quintero on 11/27/2016
Well worth the money. Now all my bolt ons are actually noticeable. And I got my ecu back the day after they reviewed it!
5.0 out of 5.0
By jason` kobelenz on 10/21/2016
Got my ecu back in 3 days and uploaded a basemap myself and was much more than I expected worth every penny
5.0 out of 5.0
By Diego Pereira on 7/16/2016
I was contemplating for a long time whether or not to actually spend the money on a kpro, but trust me, it was so worth it. Currently gathering my last bolt ons before getting tuned but having control of the whole engine is awesome. Did I mention it got back to me 2 days after sending it out? CRAZY!