Centric Posi-Quiet Brake Pads: Front
Posi Quiet brake pads are manufactured using the same positive molding process utilized by Original Equipment suppliers. Positive molding uses extreme pressure to compress the friction material and bond it to the backing plate. This process assures consistent friction material density throughout the pad, resulting in even wear and performance characteristics throughout the life of the brake pad.
The number one cause for customer returns are noise and vibration. Centric Parts has recognized these issues and is constantly improving its products to eliminate these issues. Posi Quiet brake friction features either precision cut or shaved backing plates and mechanically attached shims; these small details ensure proper fitment in the caliper and virtually eliminate noise associated with pad vibration. In addition to these features Centric Parts has added a scorching process to all of its Posi Quiet brake pads. This additional process forces any impurities out of the friction material and pre-burnishes the pads to greatly accelerate the break-in process.
How To Bed-In/Burnish Brake Pads
- After installing new brake pads, make 6-to-10 stops from approximately 30-35 MPH applying moderate pressure.
- Make an additional 2-to-3 hard stops from approximately 40-45 MPH.
- DO NOT DRAG BRAKES!
- Allow at least 15 minutes for the brake system to cool down.
- After step 4 is completed, your new Hawk Performance brake pads are ready for use.
- Part Number: 105.06210
- Manufacturer: Centric
- Acura RSX
- 2002 Acura RSX Manual
- 2003 Acura RSX Manual
- 2004 Acura RSX Manual
- 2005 Acura RSX Manual
- 2006 Acura RSX Manual
- 2002 Acura RSX Automatic
- 2003 Acura RSX Automatic
- 2004 Acura RSX Automatic
- 2005 Acura RSX Automatic
- 2006 Acura RSX Automatic
- Honda Civic
- 2004 Honda Civic Si Hatchback
- 2005 Honda Civic Si Hatchback