Wilwood's Smart Pad BP-20 brake pads feature a temperature range and overall friction value are the primary considerations for pad selection. The pads must be capable of maintaining the proper amount of friction for stopping power within the temperatures that will be realized on the track during the event. Then, overall wear rate must be considered. For most asphalt and road race applications, compounds in the high temperature ranges over 1000°F range are usually necessary. Dirt track, drag race, and street performance applications usually operate at temperatures between 500° and 1000°F. Keep in mind that these are general ranges, and not absolute values. Many factors and unforeseen influences can affect brake temperatures. The best indicator for pad selection will always be on track performance. If pad fade (friction loss) due to overheating occurs, then improved cooling, a heavier rotor, or a higher temperature range pad may all become necessary.
- Medium friction, highest effective temperarture range in medium temperature pad group.
- Smooth engagement, torque curve increases in relation to temperature.
- Moderate wear rate at high temperature.
- Medium to heavy braking dirt tracks.
- Advanced level track day and club sport competition.
- Extreme duty dual-purpose street/track vehicle.
- High speed or heavy weight drag cars.
- Hobby or sportsman category asphalt racing
- High performance street compound with increased friction and a wider temperature range over BP-10.
- Beds quickly and provides fast response without high rotor abrasion.
- Baseline pad for track oriented street cars.
This part does not have vehicle specific fitment
Be the first to review this product