Radium Engineering 8AN Fuel Cell Vent Kit
Images may be for reference only
The Radium vent permits air to escape as the fuel cell is filled and it also allows the tank to breath to avoid pressurization during normal operation.
- This kit is typically used for standard-fill systems with direct fill or remote fill necks
- It includes an air filter
- 1/2" fuel vent hose,
- Requires a 8AN male vent fitting
NOTE: This can be used with the standard vent fitting that is included with the Radium FCST.
Important steps to properly route the vent line and prevent unwanted fuel loss:
- From the cell, the hose must first run upwards allowing any fuel captured in the vent line to drain back down into the cell.
- After ascending vertically, the line should briefly route towards the front of the vehicle to prevent fuel from sloshing out.
- Vertical loops should be added to act as a "make-shift" expansion chamber and allow air to escape and any fuel to drop to the bottom of the loops.
- Depending on the application, the overall vertical height of the vent hose should be at least 12".
- For remote fuel fill applications, the vertical loops must be higher than the fill point.
- The vent hose should terminate outside of the cabin and away from the exhaust system.
- The vent hose should terminate below and behind the fuel cell.
- Utilizing an expansion chamber that is larger than the vent hose diameter will further aid in preventing liquid fuel from escaping
WARNING: This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects. www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
This part does not have vehicle specific fitment
Reviews ★★★★★ ★★★★★
No Reviews Yet!Write a Review