Max Energy Power Tuning extracts every bit of energy possible out of every molecule of fuel giving you more miles at part-throttle and more power at wide-open throttle. In order to increase engine efficiency, horsepower and torque, our engineers first make hundreds of dyno runs to optimize the spark and air-fuel curves point by point over the entire rpm band from just off idle to wide open throttle. Next we take the vehicle with the new tune to the track and the street to verify real world performance gains. The resultsâ€¦maximum power, quicker acceleration, smoother shifting and better driveability.
The Max Energy Sport not only gives you the power you crave but also offers specific features for your make, model and year.Features:
- Hypertech Power Tuning:
Higher compression ratio engines and engines with superchargers or turbo chargers were designed to use only premium octane, so only one (1) Power Tuning program for premium octane is provided. But, if your car or truck came from the factory capable of using more economical regular octane, then two (2) optimized tuning programs are provided: one for premium, and the other for regular. In most cases, Hypertechâ€™s exclusive Power Tuning for regular octane provides excellent power gains, almost as much power as premium octane. If you are using premium octane, and you want all-out, maximum power, then select premium octane Power Tuning.
- Top-Speed Limiter:
Automobile manufacturers limit a vehicleâ€™s top-speed to match the speed rating of the factory-installed tires. If you have installed tires that have a different speed rating, the Max Energy allows you to raise or lower the vehicleâ€™s top-speed limiter to match the speed rating of the newly installed tires. A tireâ€™s speed rating for maximum safe speed under perfect conditions is marked on its sidewall. Always obey all traffic laws when driving and only use this feature for off-highway competition in sanctioned events.
- 0-60 Throttle Restriction:
The "selectable throttle restriction" tunes the engine control systems for better low speed performance without sacrificing driveability, but it does not disable the torque management completely. There are many different torque management systems active at any given time while driving. During our tuning development we altered most of these systems in different combinations to assess the impact on performance, and driveability. We took the best combination of those changes and combined them with further tuning to improve the overall performance and driveability under all driving conditions. The overall affect was so dramatic we felt that all customers would benefit more if the changes were user selectable rather than "forced."
- V-TEC Controller:
Some Honda and Acura vehicles have engines that are equipped with HondaÂ¹s VTEC camshaft technology. Under certain driving conditions, specifically higher RPMs and heavy load, the engine controller engages additional camshaft followers which use a more aggressive camshaft profile. This increases airflow in and out of the engine which increases power output. The Max Energy Sport Power Programmer allows you to adjust the specific engine speed that the VTEC camshaft profile engages to customize the power band of your engine to match the power gains of the Max Energy Power Tuning and any additional bolt-on power adders.
- RPM â€œRevâ€ Limiter: In todayâ€™s vehicles, the onboard computer controls maximum engine rpm. The stock computer is programmed to shut down the engine when it reaches its redline. But if you have modified your vehicle to increase its high-speed performance, more rpm means more power. When you shift gears with the stock rpm limit, the engine falls back to below the peak of its horsepower curve. When you extend the engineâ€™s rpm range with the Max Energy Power Programmer, your engine has more power available after gear changes. By adjusting the maximum rpm to keep the engine in the â€œsweet spotâ€ of its power curve, you can increase the average horsepower that accelerates the vehicle.
- Read & Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes(DTCs): If you get a â€œcheck engineâ€ light or â€œservice neededâ€ message, the Max Energy will allow you to read the code and gives you the ability to clear the code and turn the â€œcheck engineâ€ light off. You can then make the necessary repairs to prevent the light from coming back on.
- Return To Stock Or Change Option Settings: Hypertechâ€™s Max Energy downloads and saves the stock tuning program, then uploads your customized Power Tuning program. Before taking your vehicle into a dealership for service, always return the vehicleâ€™s computer back to the factory programming. Once you have the vehicle back from the dealership, reinstall the Max Energy Power Programming as before. The Max Energy can only be used on one (1) vehicle at a time, so if you sell your vehicle or want to use it on a friendâ€™s vehicle, simply return your vehicle to the stock tuning program and you may then use the programmer on another vehicle that is covered in the same part number.
- Internet Updateable: The Max Energy Power Programmer comes with a USB cable and a CD containing software to enable quick updates over the internet. If your vehicle has a new calibration not available when your Max Energy Power Programmer was manufactured, it is possible that you will see a â€œCal not foundâ€ message on the Max Energy screen. If this occurs, you can simply update your Max Energy with the correct new calibration via the internet. Simply connect the Max Energy (using the provided USB cord) to your computer and go to www.hypertech.com. Then click on the Support button to get update downloads. You can also get the update downloads using the CD which also contains an installation video and a printable version of the instruction manual.
- Maximum Horsepower & Torque
- Improved Fuel Economy
- Raise Top Speed Limiter
- Raise "RPM" Rev Limiter
- Adjust Shift Points & Firmness
- Recalibrate Speedometer
- Lower Cooling Fan On/Off Temps
- Read, Display and Clear DTCs
- Internet Updateable (USB included)
- 50-State Emissions Legal
- Easy Plug-And-Play Installation