Hybrid Racing Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Assembly
After developing Shifter Cables, Shifter Bushings, Shifter Base Bushings and the CMC Upgrade for the 8th Gen Civic we realized there was only one piece left that needed our attention. The sloppy civic shifter!
- The 1st and only fully adjustable shifter for the 8th Gen Civic.
- MIND BLOWING PRECISE SHIFTS.
- Adjustable Left/Right Throw from 10-50% Below Stock.
- Adjustable Front/Back Throw from 10-50% Below Stock.
- All Metal Construction, WIth Oil Impregnated Bronze Bushings.
- 12 Months of grueling design, testing, redesign and more testing.
- 1,250,000 Shifts on our automated test rig.
- 1.5 Inches of height adjustability.
- A6 Steel and 6061-T6 Aluminum Construction.
Initial stages of the short shifter design involved culling through forums and talking to local 8th Gen Civic owners, looking for the Pros and Cons of the stock shifter as well as other short shifter upgrades that were available at the time. This wasn’t the first time we’d designed a shifter assembly, so there were already a lot of features we knew we wanted to include in this unit.
Among those features was an unparalleled level of adjustability, so that each driver could tweak every aspect of the shifter to suit their own preference. Ultimately, what we developed was a durable, versatile short shifter that is simple enough to allow an affordable price, so you can have your race car without eating ramen noodles for a month.
The shifter’s frame is constructed from TIG welded, powder coated, 1000 Series steel. The lower pivot point features chrome plated all-steel construction, and the upper pivot (where the shift lever mounts) is machined from 6061-T6 aluminum. Both pivots feature oil-impregnated bronze bushings pivoting on hard-chrome plated steel shafts for maximum wear resistance and quiet operation. Shift throw adjustment is achieved using two threaded cable attachment pins, meaning fine tweaks can be made to shift throw, allowing you to pin point the exact throw that suits you. Each attachment pin features a wear-resistant delrin pivot cap for sturdy, quite operation. Dual extension springs replace the OEM style torsion centering spring for better centering action and a less “sloppy” feel. The front/back throw and left/right throw can be adjusted independently and figures for throw reduction are shown below:
Pre ’09 8th Gen Honda Civic Si
- front/back adjustable from 80%-48% stock throw (20%-52% reduction)
- left/right adjustable from 83%-47% stock throw (17%-53% reduction)
’09+ 8th Gen Honda Civic Si
- front/back adjustable from 87%-52% stock throw (17%-48% reduction)
- left/right adjustable from 90%-49% stock throw (10%-51% reduction)
Beyond simple throw reduction, we have built in a feature that many 8th Gen Civic owners have long desired but never had: shift knob height adjustment. Our simple single-bolt height adjustment design (borrowed from our popular k-swap shifters) allows the knob to be adjusted higher or lower than stock (within a 1.5″ total range) with only a 5mm allen wrench. Now you can tweak the shifter’s throw AND knob position independently until the shifter functions exactly the way you want it to.
This short shifter assembly is designed so that base bushings are not needed, meaning there’s no need to spend extra money on solid shifter base bushings. The shifter is compatible with OEM 8th Gen Civic cables, or our performance 8th Gen Civic cables. This shifter will work on both the base model R18 platform, as well as the Si’s K20 platform.
- Part Number: HYB-SAS-01-15
- Manufacturer: Hybrid Racing
- Honda Civic
- 2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe
- 2007 Honda Civic Si Coupe
- 2008 Honda Civic Si Coupe
- 2009 Honda Civic Si Coupe
- 2010 Honda Civic Si Coupe
- 2011 Honda Civic Si Coupe
- 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan
- 2008 Honda Civic Si Sedan
- 2009 Honda Civic Si Sedan
- 2010 Honda Civic Si Sedan
- 2011 Honda Civic Si Sedan