This upgrade is only available on ECU's that have had a previous reflash installed. Unfortunately, 05-06 RSX owners are not included because they cannot use the ECU that comes in their car and must use a different ECU.
The K-Series Programmable ECU (K-Pro) consists of a hardware modification to any K-Series ECU, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.
If you would like to upgrade from a previous k-pro version to version four, it is done directly through Hondata using this form: http://hondata.com/downloads/kpro4_upgrade_form.pdf.
You are responsible for paying for and sending your ECU to Hondata. You can send your ECU as fast as you would like and shipping costs normally start at $10.00 for ground and $60.00+ for next day air. We recommend using an express service (2 day or next day) through FedEx or UPS because they have the least amount of delivery problems, provide proper insurance, and have good package tracking. We recommend that you do not use USPS because of delivery issues. You are not sending your ECU to K Series Parts you will be sending it to Hondata directly and we provide all of the instructions on where it needs to be sent once your order is approved.
After we approve your order we will send you two emails, one email will be a Hondata form and the other email will be instructions for shipping and what items need to be included. Orders submitted by 3:00pm Mountain Standard Time Monday to Friday are normally approved same day. Orders places after 3:00pm MST or on Saturday and Sunday are processed the next business day.
Hondata normally reflashes ECU's the same day they receive them but they do get busy and it might take an extra business day. We recommend that you plan on a 3 day total turnaround time from the day that Hondata receives your ECU.
Hondata uses K Series Parts FedEx account to next day air the ECU back to you once the reflash has been installed. This means that you do not have to pay for return shipping. Your ECU will arrive by 3:00pm the day after Hondata completes the reflash installation. Hondata does not provide us with a tracking number or notification when they ship the ECU back to you.
ECU Serial Number
The serial number is located on the ECU. Hondata has provided instructions on how to remove the ECU.
K Series Parts cannot sell K-Pro to customers outside of the United States unless you purchase a brand new ECU or send your ECU to K Series Parts directly. Please contact us first if are not located in the United States.
- 2002-2004 RSX (Type S) (PRB ECU)
- 2002-2004 RSX (Base 5 speed) (PND ECU)
- 2001-2006 Japanese DC5 Integra Type R (PRC ECU)
- 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
- 2003-2004 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD ECU)
- Engine Swaps - Must use 02-04 Engine harness and 02-04 Transmission
- Lotus Elise and Exige - Dash Converter Required
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows based software for parameter and table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
- Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory (2 MB memory, 10-110 minutes datalogging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from over boost and lean protection.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2
- PWM output for boost control
- Base maps are included only for K20A2, K20A3 (RSX Base), K20A3 (Civic SI) and K20A engines.
- The 2002- CRV ECU (5 speed) (PPA -A0# ECU) can be used.
- Support for the manual K20A3 engine and the secondary intake runner as used in the base model RSX and CRV.
- The Japanese PRD and PRC ECU do not support a fuel tank pressure sensor required for some US emissions tests, but will likely pass a tailpipe sniffer test if the catalytic converter is in place.
- PNF, PPA and PND ECUs for 5 speed transmissions will not operate the reverse lock solenoid on 6 speed transmissions.
- The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.
- To use the K-Pro on a 2005-2006 RSX, an adapter harness is required, an 02-04 specially modified ECU must be modified for used and the primary oxygen sensor from an 03-04 must be used.
- Turn around time is usually 2 days from the time it is received.
- From previous ECU's Honda has changed from 2 dimensional tables (engine speed and engine load) to 3 dimensional tables (engine speed, engine load and cam angle). The K-Pro ECU retains these 3 dimensional tables to ensure the engine is running at optimum efficiency and power for every cam angle.
- The stock JDM and US O2 sensor is wide band and can read from 11.5:1 to 30:1 A/F ratios.
- Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles.
- Error codes and the OBDII readiness status may be datalogged.
- Base tables are supplied for the RSX Type S, RSX Base, Civic SI and Integra Type R engines. These tables have been dyno tuned.
- No external programmer or other equipment is necessary. Just plug the ECU into a laptop via a USB cable.
- Tables may be map-traced in real time.
- The K-Pro ECU is not real-time updateable, however most changes to tables and settings can be uploaded in 1-2 seconds.
- The K-Pro ECU is a separate product from the s100/s200 line, and will not share the same options (e.g. 3 step) nor software (HondaLogger, RomEditor). All systems are fully programmable by the user. All K-Pro ECU systems include all features (e.g. boost, datalogging).
It has come to Hondata's attention that counterfeit KPros, green circuit board Versions 1 and 2, are being sold as new and used. Protect yourself from purchasing a counterfeit K-Pro by checking out this page.
KManager Software Features
- Download KManager Software
- KManager Details
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables for correct VTEC tuning
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- Closed loop
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
- On board datalogging trigger conditions
After you have completed your purchase we must verify and process the order. Once the order is approved we will send you two different emails so please put in a good email address when you order. Orders submitted by 3pm Mountain Standard Time should be approved same day but it might take until the next business day if you order after 3pm or if we extremely busy. One email will be the form that Hondata needs and the other email will be instructions on how to ship your ECU to Hondata and what you need to include. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call K Series Parts at (303) 421-2931 and we will be more than happy to answer your questions. You are responsible for sending your ECU to Hondata but it is shipped back to you back to free of charge using next day air shipping from FedEx. Unlike other companies that make you pay for the return shipping, K Series Parts pays it for you.
Honda may not cover mechanical damage to the engine under warranty resulting from exceeding the factory red line. Hondata and Club RSX will not cover any damage as a result of installing this product.
4.5 out of 5.0
4.0 out of 5.0
By Based God on 5/16/2015
Customer service was amazing and got the ECU back in 2 days from mailing out. Also Kpro4 software is amazing and so easy to worth with. The bluetooth was smooth and also tuning on flex fuel was slightly easier than AEM. Reason for 4 stars and not 5 stars is because as a tuner people do hype this product up way over reflash and it really doesn't even make that much negotiable power over reflash. Only buy this product if you need it. If your basic bolt-ons and street drive your car reflash is your best option hands down. Now if your looking for forced induction or nitrous or cams, yes this is well worth your investment!
5.0 out of 5.0
Tune it up
By Damen Kenworthy on 10/2/2014
After buying this I had a local tuner tune it. Its running great and i can feel a more constant pull. I also like the ability to adjust different aspects of how it runs. I would recommend if you plan to go further than a few bolt-ons
5.0 out of 5.0
By Jordan Worley on 9/9/2013
Reflash was awesome, kpro just adds more tuning power so you get the max out of all your mods. Reflash is good for cai/exhuast. KPRO for anything after that
4.0 out of 5.0
K-PRO Upgrade Review
By Tom Hope on 7/16/2011
Iinitially had problems loading K-Manager on my laptop(Windows 7) in addition to the ugrading the drivers. I emailed Club RSX for a solution who in turn contacted Hondata. They got back to me in a week. I was told the WINDOWS 7 and VISTA were the same so I took the advice and was able to load the program and update the drivers. I went to have the car(2003 Base RSX with mods to include RBC intake manifold) tuned. The program locked up the computer twice and had to re-boot. We also had some issues adjusting the air fuel numbers, either too rich or too lean. The tuners were very famiar with K-PRO but I'm sure ther is a learning curve. Going to try a larger throttlle, rdx injectors and stage 2 cams