Hondata K-Pro (Version 4) w/ 2005-2006 RSX Adapter Harness and New PRB ECU
The K Series Parts K-Pro package for the 05-06 RSX includes everything you need in one bundle!Includes:
- Brand New Honda OEM 02-04 RSX Type-S 6-speed PRB ECU
- K-Pro Version 4
- Adapter Harness
- 02-04 Denso Primary O2 Sensor
Items in this package will ship at different times in separate packages.
Hondata KPro (Version 4) is a fully programmable ECU for 05-06 Acura RSX (DC5). K-Pro is a must have to get maximum performance out of your k-series engine.
This is a Hondata modified 2002-2004 RSX ECU and an adapter harness for the 05-06 RSX
Hondata makes hardware modifications to the 2002-2004 ECU enable it to work with the different sensors and actuators found on the 2005-2006 ECU. After these modifications the ECU will not function correctly on a 2002-2004 RSX.
Version 4 Enhancements
Faster and More Powerful: The KPro4 uses a faster processor with more capability than the KPro-III. This allows the KPro4 to perform more tasks without slowing down the ECU, like live tuning, output to a dash, flex fuel and advanced protection. Calibration uploads and datalogging from a laptop are also faster.
Enhanced On Board Datalogging: The KPro4 has double the datalogging memory (64 MBit) of the KPro-III and can datalog at double the rate (100 Hz), giving an on board recording time of 10 - 220 minutes.
Faster Uploads: The upload time is 30% faster than the KPro-III, with a typical initial upload time of 7 seconds. Subsequent uploads are also faster, and live tuning can be used for instantaneous updates. Laptop datalogging is also 30% faster than the KPro-III.
Live Tuning and Autotune: Main tables can be updated in real time, without affecting the operation of the engine. This allows dyno tuning without pausing to upload. Autotune uses live tuning and a laptop to tune fuel tables as you drive.
Bluetooth: The KPro4 includes Bluetooth for laptop programming/datalogging with a USB cable, and mobile datalogging.
Ethenol Sensor Input: An ethanol sensor can be directly connected to the KPro4, allowing flex fuel operation, with adjustments to fuel & ignition tables performed automatically based on fuel ethanol content.
Speed Sensor Input: A speed sensor input can be directly connected to the KPro4 and sent to the ECU. This is configurable to any pulse based sensor and eliminates the need for a stock speed sensor.
Dash & Datalogging Outputs: The KPro4 has serial output (both TTL & RS232) and CAN output so that a dash can be driven from the KPro. The AiM MXL, Racepak & generic CAN outputs are supported.
Advanced Protection: Advanced protection options use the KPro4 analog inputs and engine information to intelligently shut down the engine when the conditions might be dangerous to the engine.
Better Wideband Support: The KPro4 can process a wideband lambda input (either analog or digital) and allow the ECU to run in closed loop from an aftermarket wideband without requiring the stock o2 sensor.
05-06 RSX K-Pro Notes
- An primary oxygen sensor from the 02-04 RSX or 02-05 Civic Si must be used. The 05-06 RSX O2 sensor will not work.
- OBD2 must be disabled to eliminate errors generated by the ECU looking for emissions items that the 05-06 RSX does not have.
- The speed sensor spins about 100 times faster on the 05/06 RSX gearbox as compared to the 02-04 RSX. Above 65-70 MPH cruise control may not function smoothly and may cancel from time to time. Read this for more informaiton on the K Series Transmissions.
The 05-06 K-Pro is only certified to work in an 05/06 RSX. Engine swaps using an 05-06 RSX engine and gearbox into another chassis are not supported with the 05/06 K-Pro and adapter harness.
- 2005-2006 RSX (manual transmission with adapter harness and modified 02-04 ecu and O2 sensor)
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
- Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory (2 MB memory, 10-110 minutes datalogging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from over boost and lean protection.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2
- PWM output for boost control
- Base maps are included only for K20A2, K20A3 (RSX Base), K20A3 (Civic SI) and K20A engines.
- The 2002- CRV ECU (5 speed) (PPA -A0# ECU) can be used.
- Support for the manual K20A3 engine and the secondary intake runner as used in the base model RSX and CRV.
- The Japanese PRD and PRC ECU do not support a fuel tank pressure sensor required for some US emissions tests, but will likely pass a tailpipe sniffer test if the catalytic converter is in place.
- PNF, PPA and PND ECUs for 5 speed transmissions will not operate the reverse lock solenoid on 6 speed transmissions.
- The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.
- To use the K-Pro on a 2005-2006 RSX, an adapter harness is required, an 02-04 specially modified ECU must be modified for used and the primary oxygen sensor from an 03-04 must be used.
- Turn around time is usually 2 days from the time it is received.
- From previous ECU's Honda has changed from 2 dimensional tables (engine speed and engine load) to 3 dimensional tables (engine speed, engine load and cam angle). The K-Pro ECU retains these 3 dimensional tables to ensure the engine is running at optimum efficiency and power for every cam angle.
- The stock JDM and US O2 sensor is wide band and can read from 11.5:1 to 30:1 A/F ratios.
- Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles.
- Error codes and the OBDII readiness status may be datalogged.
- Base tables are supplied for the RSX Type S, RSX Base, Civic SI and Integra Type R engines. These tables have been dyno tuned.
- No external programmer or other equipment is necessary. Just plug the ECU into a laptop via a USB cable.
- Tables may be map-traced in real time.
- The K-Pro ECU is not real-time updateable, however most changes to tables and settings can be uploaded in 1-2 seconds.
- The K-Pro ECU is a separate product from the s100/s200 line, and will not share the same options (e.g. 3 step) nor software (HondaLogger, RomEditor). All systems are fully programmable by the user. All K-Pro ECU systems include all features (e.g. boost, datalogging).
It has come to Hondata's attention that counterfeit KPros, green circuit board Versions 1 and 2, are being sold as new and used. Protect yourself from purchasing a counterfeit K-Pro by checking out this page.
KManager Software Features
- Download KManager Software
- KManager Details
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables for correct VTEC tuning
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- Closed loop
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
- On board datalogging trigger conditions
Honda may not cover mechanical damage to the engine under warranty resulting from exceeding the factory red line. Hondata & Club RSX will not cover any damage as a result of installing this product.
- Part Number: KPROA / 234-9005 / 37820-PRB-A08
- Manufacturer: Hondata
- Acura RSX
- 2005 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2006 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2005 Acura RSX Manual
- 2006 Acura RSX Manual
Customers Also Bought
1 reviews for Hondata K-Pro (Version 4) w/ 2005-2006 RSX Adapter Harness and New PRB ECU
5.0 out of 5.0
9/7/2015 by Phil
Install took 30 minutes which included changing the O2 sensor and mounting the new ecu. Software installed and ran smoothly. I had an issue registering at first but I was able to get ahold of customer service quickly and found out it was because they were repairing servers. Waited 3 days and now everything runs fine. Great upgrade, easy install, good customer service. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for an easy power boost for the money.