The AMS EVO X Performance Intake removes clutter and simplifies your engine bay while adding horsepower! The exclusive design improves air flow to the turbocharger, increasing horsepower and performance. We installed the AMS EVO X Performance Intake with an AMS Manual Boost Controller set at the factory 21 psi on our shop car and produced a tremendous 45 awhp over stock!
The AMS EVO X Performance Intake is professionally TIG welded in house by our master fabricators using high quality 3” mandrel bent aluminum. A K&N free flowing filter is included along with new 4 ply silicone couplers and hose clamps. Another exclusive feature is the BOV recirculation tube entry angle, which is completely in-line with the air induction path avoiding turbulence and maintaining excellent air flow. Available polished or black wrinkle coated.
- Professionally TIG welded
- Stainless Steel hardware included
- High flow K&N air filter
- 4 ply silicone couplers
- Strategically positioned BOV recirculation in-line with the induction path
- Available in polished or black wrinkle powder coat finish
- Includes intake fan shield
- CNC aluminum MAF sensor flange
- 3” Polished aluminum mandrel bent piping
- Boost source port
- Crankcase Breather Port
- Polished or black wrinkle powder coated
- Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR and MR Models
- Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models
- This intake can be ordered in two different configurations.
- The default configuration is WITHOUT breather bungs for the crank case and boost control solenoid. With this set-up we recommend an oil catch can for the crank case and venting the solenoid to the atmosphere. This will not affect your EVO X’s performance negatively in any way.
- The second configuration incorporates bungs on the intake pipe where you plug in your breather hoses just as they were from the factory. This is an option at an additional $50 cost.
2008 Model EVO X’s will not require a tune with the addition of this intake. 2010 and later models will require a custom ECU tune for safe operation when using this intake pipe. Failing to do so can cause issues or damage to your engine.