AEM 02-06 RSX Base V2 Dual Chamber Intake
Part Number: 24-6105C
Inside Continental United States
Earn 622 reward points. Learn More
Will It Fit Your Vehicle?
- Air Filter Color: Red
- Air Filter Height: 5.25 in (133 mm)
- Air Filter Large End Diameter: 6 in (152 mm)
- Air Filter Material: Non-woven Synthetic
- Air Filter Outlet Shape: Round
- Clamp Material: Steel
- Clamp Style: Regular
- Clamps Included: 5
- Color: Gunmetal Gray
- Intake Pipe Color / Finish: Gunmetal Gray
- Intake Pipe Ports: All intake tube ports needed for the specified applications are included
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter Included: Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter Included When Required
- Product Box Height: 12.25 in (311 mm)
- Product Box Length: 20.25 in (514 mm)
- Product Box Width: 12.25 in (311 mm)
- Product Style: AEM Dual Chamber Intake System
- Replacement Filter: 21-204DK
- Street Legal In All US States: Yes
- TUV Approved (Europe): No
- Vacuum Tubing Included: No
- Weight: 6.5 lb (3 kg)
AEM’s V2 intake systems use a patented dual chamber design to produce the most power and torque of any other intake system available—even our own Cold Air systems.
On a dyno graph, the area under the power band (or power curve) represents the amount of effort that an engine is producing. The larger the overall area under the curve, the more power your engine is making. The AEM V2 utilizes a dual chamber (using two different diameters and lengths of piping) that creates multiple frequency sound waves to produce the largest area under the curve of any intake system on the market. These sound waves help charge the cylinders with more air throughout the entire rpm range and are what enables the V2 to outperform even our own Cold Air systems.
We have found that inlet length plays a vital role in the power production of V2 systems and not all V2 induction systems relocate the filter outside of the engine compartment. In these cases, we performed extensive temperature testing to locate the filter in the coolest area of the engine compartment to achieve the lowest inlet temperatures possible. Please refer to our temperature testing procedures for more information.
- Outperforms every intake system on the market, even our own Cold Air intakes
- 50-state legal or pending legality
- Patent #6,959,679
- Manufactured and assembled in the USA
- Inlet constructed of lightweight aircraft aluminum and mandrel bent for maximum flow
- Reinforced TIG-welded brackets and fittings deliver added durability
- Utilizes a complete hardware kit with soft mounts for a guaranteed perfect fit
- AEM’s lifetime DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter is 99.4% efficient, filters to one micron, and never needs filter oil!
- Comprehensive installation instructions, decals and license plate frame included
- Available in a powdercoated titanium-look finish
- Guaranteed for life
9 reviews for AEM 02-06 RSX Base V2 Dual Chamber Intake
4.555555555555555 out of 5.0
3/28/2015 by stevenr
aem v2 intake
The intake is really good you can feel the hp different and the sound it makes is aggressive.
1/4/2012 by Travis
Good intake so far
I already had a custom exhaust built and put on and after putting in this Sri it sounds even better. Installation is fairly easy, the only hard part is relocating the sensor.
6/26/2011 by Michael
Great product. Got it after almost hydro locking and I like it. Gets sluggish in the heat but still brings in some power. Sounds great. Only problem was there was no aem v2 sticker. Other than that great product
5/2/2011 by victor
The V2 is pretty good. I went from the AEM CAI to this after nearly hydro locking twice and u can definitely feel it get sluggish when the engine gets real hot. Not a deal breaker though. Would have went with the injen short RAM if i would have seen the dynos that crsx did on these intakes earlier. 4 stars for the price, it had a small dent on it and didn't have the AEM V2 logo on it.
3/12/2011 by Ruben Martinez
This was my 1st mod i did to my RSX, as everyone else the price is a lil high but worth it if your looking to gain to boost of the line & hearing a kick ass sound coming out of your hood... I bought a DC sport headers after this & if gave it a more aggressive sound too it... Now I'm waiting for my Greddy Ti-C exhaust that is on its way... CANT WAIT!!! But definitely recommend this intake for your RSX.!
2/10/2011 by CyriS
AEM V2 Short ram intake Review
I got the AEM V2 short ram intake from a local shop. Install was fairly easy as everyone else said. I would give this Intake 4/5 stars because it is a great product, but I would say it is not worth the extra cash. It is almost $100 more than other short rams and gives you practically same gains. The intake sounds awesome during Vtec and looks good under the hood. I would consider saving buying another intake and using your savings for other mods.
8/28/2008 by Ion Popian
V2 Short Ram Intake
This thing is really good, The only reason one would not be able to install it is if he/she were missing thumbs. The electrical isn't really electrical its plugging, so no one should complain. Performance wise my car's gas millage was not affected as far as I can see. It has an amazing sound and great performance despite the surprise of how the mouth is the same size as the stock air filter then gets bigger towards the filter end. Aesthetically it looks really good to.
7/20/2008 by dennis
If you're looking for a SRI you should definitely consider the AEM V2 intake. I'm not sure how much more power the dual chambers give you, but it definitely gives you power you can feel. Not to mention, it makes your car sound AMAZING! I have experienced heatsoak with this intake which hinders performance in hot weather or when the engine is fully warmed up. But it looks great, gives decent power/torque, and sounds awesome.
6/29/2008 by scott
V2 Intake A+
i got the AEM V2 intake being a bit skeptic since it goes from a 5" down tot he stock size, thinking it would cause bogging issues or throw codes in my car i was plesently surprised. the install was very easy with VERY EASY to read instructions. cutting the O2 sensor does take some talent so be advised experiance with electircal is a must!! all in all... pick up increased(throttle response) and the sound is truly amazing.. great purchase:)