AEM 02-06 RSX Type-S Short Ram Intake: Polished
- Air Filter Color: Red
- Air Filter Height: 5.25 in (133 mm)
- Air Filter Large End Diameter: 6 in (152 mm)
- Air Filter Material: Non-woven Synthetic
- Air Filter Outlet Shape: Round
- Clamp Material: Steel
- Clamp Style: Regular
- Clamps Included: 3
- Color: Polished
- Intake Pipe Color / Finish: Polished
- Intake Pipe Ports: All intake tube ports needed for the specified applications are included
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter Included: Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter Included When Required
- Product Box Height: 8.5 in (216 mm)
- Product Box Length: 18.25 in (464 mm)
- Product Box Width: 14.5 in (368 mm)
- Product Style: AEM Short Ram Intake System
- Replacement Filter: 21-203DK
- Street Legal In All US States: Yes
- TUV Approved (Europe): No
- Vacuum Tubing Included:: No
- Weight: 5 lb (2.3 kg)
AEM Short Ram intake systems are an economical alternative to our Cold Air systems and deliver the best performance, value and ease of installation than any other short inlet intake. Our Short Ram intakes install easily under the hood and cost less because we use less material to manufacture them.
During the development process, we found certain applications respond favorably to shorter inlet lengths over our longer Cold Air designs. For these applications (denoted in the search results page), we offer a Short Ram system only. We perform extensive temperature testing to locate the filter in the coolest area of the engine compartment, which allows our Short Ram systems to achieve the lowest inlet temperatures possible. Please refer to our temperature testing procedures for more information.
- Outperforms every comparable intake system on the market
- 50-state legal or pending legality
- Manufactured and assembled in the USA
- Inlet constructed of lightweight aircraft aluminum and mandrel bent for maximum flow
- Reinforced TIG-welded brackets and fittings deliver added durability
- Utilizes a complete hardware kit with soft mounts for a guaranteed perfect fit
- Comprehensive installation instructions, decals and license plate frame included
- Available powdercoated in red or blue, or with a mirror-polished finish
- Guaranteed for life
- Part Number: 22-506P
- Color: Polished
- Manufacturer: AEM Intakes
- Acura RSX
- 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2003 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2004 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2005 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2006 Acura RSX Type-S
Customers Also Bought
5 reviews for AEM 02-06 RSX Type-S Short Ram Intake: Polished
4.8 out of 5.0
12/2/2009 by Ryan
This intake is awesome. It will give you much better throttle response, the horse power gain is very noticable, is easy to install, and the vtech sounds amazing when it kicks in. I would recommend this product to anyone.
11/23/2008 by Daniel
Very pleased with my purchase. Didn't want to get a CAI due to living in Kansas and the unpredictable weather. Its very loud, easy install and sounds great. I would recommend to anyone.
6/16/2008 by Neale O'Bannion
I installed it in just under 10 minutes, and couldn't be happier with my purchase. I was going to get the CAI, but in texas the roads aren't so good and when it rains it floods normally.
4/17/2008 by Dave
off the bat, i did not want a cai for the sake of hydro locking my engine. idk exactly why i went with the AEM, but it sounds and looks NICCCCEE. as far as performance goes, its nothing really noticeable, but i'm still happy with it.
2/26/2008 by Doug
well...the intake is quality and really nice looking under the hood, and really loud around 6000rpm at vtec crossover and up to redline. I don't notice any performance gain but did'nt expect anything from just an intake with no other mods.