Acuity Instruments TPS Sensor and Calibration Harness Package
Seasoned mechanics and gear heads know that more often than not, OEM replacement parts are more reliable than aftermarket parts. Unfortunately, anyone who has searched for an OEM replacement for the ACURA RSX-S or HONDA EP3 throttle position sensor (TPS) knows that ACURA only sells them as part of the throttle body with a steep list price of over $800 USD. Aftermarket alternatives have existed for years, but all that was available until now were poorly made copies and expensive adapted versions of other sensors. That's why ACUITY designed a replacement TPS from scratch. Instead of using the OEM wiper-style design, we used modern hall effect technology to provide improved reliability and accuracy.
Tested to over 2 million cycles, every design element in the ACUITY TPS was chosen to provide an improvement over the OEM design. It's no coincidence that the ACUITY TPS looks a bit different than its OEM counterpart, that's because it is. The hall effect technology used provides a contactless design that reduces wear and tear while offering a smaller form factor and reduced weight.
Calibrating a TPS can be difficult when there are no exposed points to contact with a multimeter. The 1875 Calibration Jumper Harness goes between the TPS and engine wiring harness to provide convenient points to contact the Signal and Ground wires.
- Contactless Hall-Effect technology provides increased precision and reliability over wiper-style designs
- Integral o-ring seal replaces the low-quality OEM style paper gasket.
- Extended calibration range ensures each sensor can be calibrated exactly within the OEM range
- Fiber-reinforced composite housing is more durable than OEM sensors
- Durable, rolled connector pins will not become damaged during installation like many aftermarket alternatives
- Decreased weight and size compared to OEM
- Part Number: 1879 / 1875
- Manufacturer: Acuity Instruments
- Acura RSX
- 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2003 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2004 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2005 Acura RSX Type-S
- 2006 Acura RSX Type-S
- Honda Civic
- 2002 Honda Civic Si Hatchback
- 2003 Honda Civic Si Hatchback
- 2004 Honda Civic Si Hatchback
- 2005 Honda Civic Si Hatchback
Customers Also Bought
Karcepts Idle Air Control Valve Block-Off Plate: K20A / K20A2 / K20A3 / K20Z1 Throttle Body
$25.00 | Free Shipping!
2 reviews for Acuity Instruments TPS Sensor and Calibration Harness Package
5.0 out of 5.0
5/18/2016 by J bedoya
Best 1so far
I run through a tps almost every month so far I bought this and I threw 2 race event (queens_races)and been abusing it on purpose but it holding it down so far .i was so hall I bought another just for back up which I doubt I'll need !
3/20/2016 by jdmster82
I have used a few different TPS sensors, but none have performed as good as this. I deleted my IACV and have a S2 74mm tb and i was having bad drivability issues and this TPS fixed that, and for that im thankfull :) The calibration harness is great to. It makes it real easy to set the TPS voltage :)