This upgrade is only available on ECU's that have had a previous reflash installed. Unfortunately, 05-06 RSX owners are not included because they cannot use the ECU that comes in their car and must use a different ECU.
The K-Series Programmable ECU (K-Pro) consists of a hardware modification to any K-Series ECU, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.
If you would like to upgrade from a previous k-pro version to version four, it is done directly through Hondata using this form: http://hondata.com/downloads/kpro4_upgrade_form.pdf.
- 2002-2004 RSX (Type S) (PRB ECU)
- 2002-2004 RSX (Base 5 speed) (PND ECU)
- 2001-2006 Japanese DC5 Integra Type R (PRC ECU)
- 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
- 2003-2004 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD ECU)
- Engine Swaps - Must use 02-04 Engine harness and 02-04 Transmission
- Lotus Elise and Exige - Dash Converter Required
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows based software for parameter and table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
- Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory (2 MB memory, 10-110 minutes datalogging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from over boost and lean protection.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2
- PWM output for boost control
- Base maps are included only for K20A2, K20A3 (RSX Base), K20A3 (Civic SI) and K20A engines.
- The 2002- CRV ECU (5 speed) (PPA -A0# ECU) can be used.
- Support for the manual K20A3 engine and the secondary intake runner as used in the base model RSX and CRV.
- The Japanese PRD and PRC ECU do not support a fuel tank pressure sensor required for some US emissions tests, but will likely pass a tailpipe sniffer test if the catalytic converter is in place.
- PNF, PPA and PND ECUs for 5 speed transmissions will not operate the reverse lock solenoid on 6 speed transmissions.
- The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.
- To use the K-Pro on a 2005-2006 RSX, an adapter harness is required, an 02-04 specially modified ECU must be modified for used and the primary oxygen sensor from an 03-04 must be used.
- Turn around time is usually 2 days from the time it is received.
- From previous ECU's Honda has changed from 2 dimensional tables (engine speed and engine load) to 3 dimensional tables (engine speed, engine load and cam angle). The K-Pro ECU retains these 3 dimensional tables to ensure the engine is running at optimum efficiency and power for every cam angle.
- The stock JDM and US O2 sensor is wide band and can read from 11.5:1 to 30:1 A/F ratios.
- Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles.
- Error codes and the OBDII readiness status may be datalogged.
- Base tables are supplied for the RSX Type S, RSX Base, Civic SI and Integra Type R engines. These tables have been dyno tuned.
- No external programmer or other equipment is necessary. Just plug the ECU into a laptop via a USB cable.
- Tables may be map-traced in real time.
- The K-Pro ECU is not real-time updateable, however most changes to tables and settings can be uploaded in 1-2 seconds.
- The K-Pro ECU is a separate product from the s100/s200 line, and will not share the same options (e.g. 3 step) nor software (HondaLogger, RomEditor). All systems are fully programmable by the user. All K-Pro ECU systems include all features (e.g. boost, datalogging).
After we confirm there is a previous reflash purchase you will receive two emails; one with full instructions on where and how to send your ECU to Hondata and another with the form that you need to sign and include with your ECU.
4.5 out of 5.0
4.0 out of 5.0
By Based God on 5/16/2015
Customer service was amazing and got the ECU back in 2 days from mailing out. Also Kpro4 software is amazing and so easy to worth with. The bluetooth was smooth and also tuning on flex fuel was slightly easier than AEM. Reason for 4 stars and not 5 stars is because as a tuner people do hype this product up way over reflash and it really doesn't even make that much negotiable power over reflash. Only buy this product if you need it. If your basic bolt-ons and street drive your car reflash is your best option hands down. Now if your looking for forced induction or nitrous or cams, yes this is well worth your investment!
5.0 out of 5.0
Tune it up
By Damen Kenworthy on 10/2/2014
After buying this I had a local tuner tune it. Its running great and i can feel a more constant pull. I also like the ability to adjust different aspects of how it runs. I would recommend if you plan to go further than a few bolt-ons
5.0 out of 5.0
By Jordan Worley on 9/9/2013
Reflash was awesome, kpro just adds more tuning power so you get the max out of all your mods. Reflash is good for cai/exhuast. KPRO for anything after that
4.0 out of 5.0
K-PRO Upgrade Review
By Tom Hope on 7/16/2011
Iinitially had problems loading K-Manager on my laptop(Windows 7) in addition to the ugrading the drivers. I emailed Club RSX for a solution who in turn contacted Hondata. They got back to me in a week. I was told the WINDOWS 7 and VISTA were the same so I took the advice and was able to load the program and update the drivers. I went to have the car(2003 Base RSX with mods to include RBC intake manifold) tuned. The program locked up the computer twice and had to re-boot. We also had some issues adjusting the air fuel numbers, either too rich or too lean. The tuners were very famiar with K-PRO but I'm sure ther is a learning curve. Going to try a larger throttlle, rdx injectors and stage 2 cams