The K Series Parts K-Pro package includes everything you need in one bundle! It includes a brand new PRB 6-speed ECU from Honda with K-Pro installed. Now you don't need to worry about finding a used ECU and running the risk of the ECU being bad.
Hondata KPro4 (Version 4) is a fully programmable ECU for 02-04 Acura RSX (DC5), 02-05 Honda Civic Si (EP3), and any K Swapped vehicle. K-Pro is a must have to get maximum performance out of your k-series engine.
The K-Series Programmable ECU (K-Pro) consists of a hardware modification to any K-Series ECU, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.
Version 4 Enhancements
Faster and More Powerful: The KPro4 uses a faster processor with more capability than the KPro-III. This allows the KPro4 to perform more tasks without slowing down the ECU, like live tuning, output to a dash, flex fuel and advanced protection. Calibration uploads and datalogging from a laptop are also faster.
Enhanced On Board Datalogging: The KPro4 has double the datalogging memory (64 MBit) of the KPro-III and can datalog at double the rate (100 Hz), giving an on board recording time of 10 - 220 minutes.
Faster Uploads: The upload time is 30% faster than the KPro-III, with a typical initial upload time of 7 seconds. Subsequent uploads are also faster, and live tuning can be used for instantaneous updates. Laptop datalogging is also 30% faster than the KPro-III.
Live Tuning and Autotune: Main tables can be updated in real time, without affecting the operation of the engine. This allows dyno tuning without pausing to upload. Autotune uses live tuning and a laptop to tune fuel tables as you drive.
Bluetooth: The KPro4 includes Bluetooth for laptop programming/datalogging with a USB cable, and mobile datalogging.
Ethenol Sensor Input: An ethanol sensor can be directly connected to the KPro4, allowing flex fuel operation, with adjustments to fuel & ignition tables performed automatically based on fuel ethanol content.
Speed Sensor Input: A speed sensor input can be directly connected to the KPro4 and sent to the ECU. This is configurable to any pulse based sensor and eliminates the need for a stock speed sensor.
Dash & Datalogging Outputs: The KPro4 has serial output (both TTL & RS232) and CAN output so that a dash can be driven from the KPro. The AiM MXL, Racepak & generic CAN outputs are supported.
Advanced Protection: Advanced protection options use the KPro4 analog inputs and engine information to intelligently shut down the engine when the conditions might be dangerous to the engine.
Better Wideband Support: The KPro4 can process a wideband lambda input (either analog or digital) and allow the ECU to run in closed loop from an aftermarket wideband without requiring the stock o2 sensor.
It has come to Hondata's attention that counterfeit KPros, green circuit board Versions 1 and 2, are being sold as new and used. Protect yourself from purchasing a counterfeit K-Pro by checking out this page.
Do not purchase new Hondata items from online auction sites such as E-Bay. There is a high risk of being scammed or being sold a counterfeit. Hondata dealers do not sell through on-line auction sites. Do not purchase from Sehablaauction / PrecisionProposition.
- 2002-2004 RSX (Type S) (PRB ECU)
- 2002-2004 RSX (Base 5 speed) (PND ECU)
- 2001-2006 Japanese DC5 Integra Type R (PRC ECU)
- 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
- 2003-2004 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD ECU)
- Engine Swaps - Must use 02-04 Engine harness and 02-04 Transmission
- Lotus Elise and Exige - Dash Converter Required
- Fits inside the ECU
- Designed and assembled in USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- KManager Windows based software for parameter and table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
- Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory (2 MB memory, 10-110 minutes datalogging)
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from over boost and lean protection.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2
- PWM output for boost control
- Base maps are included only for K20A2, K20A3 (RSX Base), K20A3 (Civic SI) and K20A engines.
- The 2002- CRV ECU (5 speed) (PPA -A0# ECU) can be used.
- Support for the manual K20A3 engine and the secondary intake runner as used in the base model RSX and CRV.
- The Japanese PRD and PRC ECU do not support a fuel tank pressure sensor required for some US emissions tests, but will likely pass a tailpipe sniffer test if the catalytic converter is in place.
- PNF, PPA and PND ECUs for 5 speed transmissions will not operate the reverse lock solenoid on 6 speed transmissions.
- The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.
- To use the K-Pro on a 2005-2006 RSX, an adapter harness is required, an 02-04 specially modified ECU must be modified for used and the primary oxygen sensor from an 03-04 must be used.
- Turn around time is usually 2 days from the time it is received.
- From previous ECU's Honda has changed from 2 dimensional tables (engine speed and engine load) to 3 dimensional tables (engine speed, engine load and cam angle). The K-Pro ECU retains these 3 dimensional tables to ensure the engine is running at optimum efficiency and power for every cam angle.
- The stock JDM and US O2 sensor is wide band and can read from 11.5:1 to 30:1 A/F ratios.
- Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles.
- Error codes and the OBDII readiness status may be datalogged.
- Base tables are supplied for the RSX Type S, RSX Base, Civic SI and Integra Type R engines. These tables have been dyno tuned.
- No external programmer or other equipment is necessary. Just plug the ECU into a laptop via a USB cable.
- Tables may be map-traced in real time.
- The K-Pro ECU is not real-time updateable, however most changes to tables and settings can be uploaded in 1-2 seconds.
- The K-Pro ECU is a separate product from the s100/s200 line, and will not share the same options (e.g. 3 step) nor software (HondaLogger, RomEditor). All systems are fully programmable by the user. All K-Pro ECU systems include all features (e.g. boost, datalogging).
KManager Software Features
- Download KManager Software
- KManager Details
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables for correct VTEC tuning
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed loop control
- Air temperature compensation
- Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
- Closed loop
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
- On board datalogging trigger conditions
Honda may not cover mechanical damage to the engine under warranty resulting from exceeding the factory red line. Hondata and Club RSX will not cover any damage as a result of installing this product.