- Estimated Horsepower Gain: 18.5 HP @ 8000 RPM
- Air Filter Color: Red
- Air Filter Height: 5.25 in (133 mm)
- Air Filter Large End Diameter: 6 in (152 mm)
- Air Filter Material: Non-woven Synthetic
- Air Filter Outlet Shape: Round
- Clamp Material: Steel
- Clamp Style: Regular
- Clamps Included: 5
- Color: Gunmetal Gray
- Intake Pipe Color / Finish: Gunmetal Gray
- Intake Pipe Ports: All intake tube ports needed for the specified applications are included
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter Included: Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter Included When Required
- Product Box Height: 11.6 in (295 mm)
- Product Box Length: 24.38 in (619 mm)
- Product Box Width: 12.2 in (310 mm)
- Product Style: AEM Dual Chamber Intake System
- Replacement Filter: 21-204DK
- Street Legal In All US States: Yes
- TUV Approved (Europe): No
- Vacuum Tubing Included: No
- Weight: 8 lb (3.6 kg)
AEMâ€™s V2 intake systems use a patented dual chamber design to produce the most power and torque of any other intake system availableâ€”even our own Cold Air systems.
On a dyno graph, the area under the power band (or power curve) represents the amount of effort that an engine is producing. The larger the overall area under the curve, the more power your engine is making. The AEM V2 utilizes a dual chamber (using two different diameters and lengths of piping) that creates multiple frequency sound waves to produce the largest area under the curve of any intake system on the market. These sound waves help charge the cylinders with more air throughout the entire rpm range and are what enables the V2 to outperform even our own Cold Air systems.
We have found that inlet length plays a vital role in the power production of V2 systems and not all V2 induction systems relocate the filter outside of the engine compartment. In these cases, we performed extensive temperature testing to locate the filter in the coolest area of the engine compartment to achieve the lowest inlet temperatures possible. Please refer to our temperature testing procedures for more information.
- Outperforms every intake system on the market, even our own Cold Air intakes
- 50-state legal or pending legality
- Patent #6,959,679
- Manufactured and assembled in the USA
- Inlet constructed of lightweight aircraft aluminum and mandrel bent for maximum flow
- Reinforced TIG-welded brackets and fittings deliver added durability
- Utilizes a complete hardware kit with soft mounts for a guaranteed perfect fit
- AEMâ€™s lifetime DRYFLOW Synthetic air filter is 99.4% efficient, filters to one micron, and never needs filter oil!
- Comprehensive installation instructions, decals and license plate frame included
- Available in a powdercoated titanium-look finish
- Guaranteed for life
Images may be for reference only
4.3 out of 5.0
5.0 out of 5.0
By Jmacdc5 on 4/26/2013
Ive been doing research for a while on intakes looking for the best one for my 06 rsx type s after hearing the tone this intake gives off i had to have it and i dont regret a thing this intake is amazing you can hear and feel the performance it gives out. definitly recommend this and the install instructions are easy
5.0 out of 5.0
AEM V2 on '03 RSX Type-S
By Wang Her on 1/29/2013
Very easy to install.. you could hear the vtec kick in (deeper sound) best intake ever!!!
4.0 out of 5.0
Sounds Awesome! (06 RSX-S)
By lemaitrix on 8/18/2012
Pros: Amazing sound when I hit VTEC. During my first test drive, I thought I screwed up the installation because the sound caught me by surprise! The sound is so different than stock! A slight whistling sound at around 3000 RPM is also pretty cool (I suppose some people may find this to be a con). Cons: The fitment was slightly off for my 06 RSX-s. The problem was the horn (I think) in the engine bay was getting in the way so I had to force it in. Also, I don't feel any power gains in my butt dyno, but I'm sure there's some (even if it's very little).
4.0 out of 5.0
AEM V2 on '06 RSX Type-S
By Dominick on 4/5/2012
It definitely produces HP gains throughout the RPMs. The sound is amazing, especially when "VTEC kicks in yo." Looks great in the engine bay. The fitment is somewhat off(the filter touches the shifter cables). It will suffer from heatsoak after driving a long distance while its hot out(maybe wrap it, idk). Overall, very pleased.
5.0 out of 5.0
AEM V2 Intake - 05 RSX-S
By Jesus B. on 3/22/2012
Very easy installation, no special type of tools required just a screwdriver & a socket wrench set, Acceleration improved & you can feel the V-Tech Scream & the power as well.